Indulge in the rich flavors of Sheet Pan Cajun Butter Shrimp. This mouthwatering recipe combines succulent shrimp with a medley of Cajun spices, roasted vegetables, and a savory butter sauce. Perfectly cooked and hassle-free, it’s a must-try dish for seafood lovers!
If you’re a seafood enthusiast and enjoy bold flavors, then this Sheet Pan Cajun Butter Shrimp recipe is an absolute must-try! Bursting with rich, spicy, and buttery goodness, this dish brings together succulent shrimp, aromatic Cajun spices, and a savory butter sauce, all cooked to perfection on a single sheet pan. Not only is it a delectable dish, but it’s also incredibly easy to prepare, making it perfect for weeknight dinners or impressive gatherings with friends and family.
What is Cajun Butter Shrimp?
Cajun Butter Shrimp is a mouthwatering seafood dish that originated from the flavorful cuisine of Louisiana. It showcases the use of Cajun seasoning, a spice blend known for its robust and zesty taste. When combined with the richness of butter and the natural sweetness of shrimp, it creates a harmonious explosion of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds.
To make this delightful Sheet Pan Cajun Butter Shrimp, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Cooked rice (for serving)
Step 1: Preparing the Shrimp
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the peeled and deveined shrimp with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ensuring they are evenly coated.
Step 2: Preparing the Cajun Butter Sauce
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter, minced garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt until well combined. The result should be a fragrant and spicy Cajun butter sauce.
Step 3: Marinating the Shrimp
- Pour half of the Cajun butter sauce over the shrimp and gently toss them to coat thoroughly. Allow the shrimp to marinate for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to infuse.
Step 4: Preparing the Vegetables
- While the shrimp are marinating, slice the lemon, bell peppers, and red onion.
Step 5: Assembling the Sheet Pan
- Take a large sheet pan and lightly grease it with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the marinated shrimp on one side of the sheet pan and arrange the sliced vegetables on the other side.
Step 6: Baking the Cajun Butter Shrimp
- Drizzle the remaining Cajun butter sauce over the shrimp and vegetables, ensuring everything is coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Tips for Perfect Sheet Pan Cajun Butter Shrimp
- To add a touch of smokiness, you can use smoked paprika instead of regular paprika.
- Adjust the level of spiciness by increasing or decreasing the amount of cayenne pepper.
- For an extra burst of flavor, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the cooked shrimp before serving.
Sheet Pan Cajun Butter Shrimp is incredibly versatile and pairs wonderfully with various sides. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve the shrimp over a bed of cooked rice for a satisfying meal.
- Pair it with a crisp green salad for a light and refreshing option.
- Enjoy it alongside some crusty bread to soak up the delicious buttery sauce.
Health Benefits of Shrimp
Shrimp, besides being delicious, also offers several health benefits. They are an excellent source of lean protein, low in calories, and contain essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, and vitamin B12. Including shrimp in your diet can support heart health, brain function, and provide energy for an active lifestyle.
In conclusion, Sheet Pan Cajun Butter Shrimp is a delightful dish that brings together the bold flavors of Cajun seasoning and the richness of butter to create a memorable seafood experience. With its easy preparation and mouthwatering taste, it’s sure to become a favorite in your household. So, don your chef’s hat, gather the ingredients, and treat yourself and your loved ones to this scrumptious Cajun-inspired dish!
Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp, but make sure to thaw and drain them before marinating.
Is Cajun seasoning very spicy?
Cajun seasoning does have some spiciness, but you can control the heat level by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper.
Can I use a different type of seafood instead of shrimp?
Absolutely! This recipe works well with other seafood like scallops or even fish fillets.
How can I make it less buttery?
You can reduce the amount of butter used or substitute it with a healthier oil like olive oil.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
While it’s best served fresh, you can prepare the marinated shrimp and vegetables in advance and cook them later.